Nutrition is important in Fibromyalgia, which causes widespread persistent pain. People diagnosed with fibromyalgia should pay attention to proper nutrition, which will help in the treatment. Nevertheless, keep in mind that each individual is different and that you should work together with your physician.
Examples of nutritional recommendations that can help with pain management in fibromyalgia;
- Including anti-inflammatory foods in your diet; inflammation in the body can increase fibromyalgia symptoms, so it is important to consume anti-inflammatory foods. It is recommended to include colourful nutrition, especially dark coloured vegetables closer to purple colour in your diet. It is recommended to consume vegetables every day.
- Balanced Diet: Balance and variety are important. A balanced diet that includes protein, unprocessed carbohydrates and healthy fats can help manage symptoms in fibromyalgia.
- Gluten-Free Diet: Some fibromyalgia patients may develop sensitivity to gluten. Therefore, trying a gluten-free diet can help reduce symptoms.
- Caffeine and Alcohol Limitation: Caffeine and alcohol can worsen fibromyalgia symptoms, so limiting or avoiding them can be beneficial.
- Drinking Plenty of Water: It is important to get enough water into the body. Drinking enough water can relieve muscle pain.
- Food Supplements: Supplements recommended by your doctor, especially vitamin D, magnesium and omega-3 fatty acids can help manage fibromyalgia symptoms.
Let’s meet in health.